This page provides links to training videos, information about live online training, and answers to frequently asked questions.
The most important information briefly:
- The sessions of the 3rd Conference of the German Network of Forced Migration Researchers will be held with the video conference tool “Zoom”. If you are already familiar with Zoom, you can design and create your session based on it. Please note that the functions “Surveys” and “Record” are not available. One person per session (moderator or speaker) receives an individual “Host Key”. With this six-digit code, this person is given the “host role” in the zoom meeting and thus control over all functions.
- You will not receive a username or password for Zoom, the host key is sufficient to conduct your session (see videos below).
- From the beginning of September you can also do a trial run this way. You will receive all further necessary information in time.
- In addition to Zoom an additional conference app will be used. We will provide more information on this later.
The information on this page will be updated from time to time. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Extended Training Roundtable-Sessions (in English): Mon. August 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm
- Basic Training (in English): Tues. August 18. 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm (USA/Chicago -7h = 10:00 am) (UK -1h = 4:00 pm)
- Vertiefende Schulung für Workshop-Sessions (in Deutsch): 19.8. 14:00 bis 16:30 Uhr
- Q&A Session 1 (in English): Thu. August 20. 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm
- Basis-Schulung (in Deutsch): Do. 27.8. 09:00 bis 11:30 Uhr
- Basis-Schulung (in Deutsch): Mo. 7.9. 13:00 bis 15:30 Uhr
- Q&A Session 2 (in English): Mon. September 7. 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm
If all participants of the training are German speaking, the training will be conducted in German.
Please use the following e-mail address to register for the training courses: firstname.lastname@example.org. Places are limited and will be allocated according to the chronological order in which registrations are received.
Cidpartners offer several basic trainings. In the basic training courses, we will mainly focus on the specifics of virtual moderation and lectures and the technical support of the sessions (retrieval and coordination of chat contents and other functions in Zoom).
Here you can find a PowerPoint presentation for the basic training.
Here you can find the video tutorial.
Here you will find various videos with instructions on how to use Zoom:
- Install the meeting client
- Entering the meeting and claiming the host role
- Make others the host or a co-host and gallery vs speaker view
- Raise hand function
- Mute and un-mute self and others
- Screensharing and presenting
- Breakout Groups
- Whiteboard in main session and in breakout groups
- Summary: Interactive sessions with zoom
Here you can find all videos in a playlist.
Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions as PDF. You can search the PDF document for keywords with the key combination Ctrl + F.